Sunday, December 6, 2020

Merry Thanksgiving and Happy Christmas to All!

Yes, it is a little strange hearing from me again so soon, but I did not want to miss the chance to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! We are all hoping that 2021 will be a better year, but I for one have fastened my seat belt, bracing for what is to transpire. Thankfully the Lord is in charge!!!

Haven and family always stop by on Halloween for our yearly "scary" photo. As always, everyone was dressed up in the costume of their choice. These kids are so creative!!
The other excitement in October was the groundbreaking for the Moses Lake Temple...yes, this photo was taken from my upstairs bedroom. A year from now I will be able to walk across the street to attend the House of the Lord!! What a phenomenal blessing!
This is what I will see when it is done!!!
Restrictions aside, I hosted a Thanksgiving dinner with Haven's family. Ariel and Nathan joined in the "leftover" feast on Friday. 
How I love having this family here in town with me. I love them so much!
On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, Ariel and Nathan (and of course Gus) helped set up my tree for Christmas. I decided to put up all my decorations since I will be home for the holidays this year!
Of course the Charlie Brown tree is up and full of beautiful snowflakes!
I counted 22 nativities- so up they all went! The quilted wall hanging is the expert work of Haven!
Some of these nativities I have had for 40 years, while others more recently have come to me through gifts and travel.
Many countries are represented...Fiji, Kenya, Madagascar, Cameroon, Italy and Israel. The greatest joy is reflecting on each one's depiction of the greatest story ever told!!
Got a few new things for the great outdoors this year. Made a wreath and tried to make my entrance feel of holiday cheer!
In any season, the sunsets in Moses Lake are always breathtaking!
May your holidays follow suit as you find peace, joy and comfort in knowing that the Savior of the world is nigh at hand!
Blessings to each of you as you celebrate the birth of our Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha- Gus is soooo helpful! 😆 Love the decor and your door looks very cheerful holiday

    ReplyDelete